The deadline to submit applications is June 22, 2016.
The Park City Extreme Cup is the most popular tournament in Utah and the application process is highly competitive. The Selection Committee reserves the right to choose teams that will give the best balance and level of play within each division. While it varies by age, most age groups host Gold, Silver and Bronze divisions; some of the larger age groups have hosted Platinum through Copper divisions in the past.
Priority is generally given to out-of-state and out-of-region teams who require lodging in Park City, with consideration given to early registration, level of play and team record. All things being equal in the selection process, consideration is also be given to non-travel teams who submit tournament lodging information* for the Park City, Heber or Oakley areas for some or all of their team families. As stated previously, primary emphasis is placed on creating the most balanced brackets and, ultimately, there are no guarantees.
HOW TO APPLY
- Tournament applications are submitted online using GotSoccer. Make sure you use your existing GotSoccer team account to apply. (See below for information on creating and using a GotSoccer team account.)
- Be extremely thorough and accurate with all information entered, especially email addresses and phone numbers. Managers and coaches will not get important notifications and information if this is not correct.
- The 2016 Extreme Cup will implement U.S. Youth Soccer's new Calendar Year Age Alignment. Make sure you specify your team's Fall 2016 age as the age group you will play in the Park City Extreme Cup. DO NOT select your current Spring 2016 age group.
- Application fees:
- $550 for U9 - U10 (7 v 7)
- $625 for U11 - U12 (9 v 9)
- $725 for U13 - U19 (11 v 11)
- Payment may be made by credit card or check. Checks MUST be received by the application deadline.
- Any team not accepted will receive a full refund.
- Any team that withdraws prior to the application deadline will receive a refund minus a $50 processing fee.
- Any team that withdraws after the application deadline is not eligible for a refund.
- After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received. This does NOT constitute acceptance into the tournament. Notification of acceptance will be emailed separately no later than July 1.
GOTSOCCER TEAM ACCOUNTS
GotSoccer is the most widely used platform for managing tournaments. In order to apply to a GotSoccer tournament you first need a Team Account. This account is created once and then remains active throughout the life of a team. The account is updated whenever there is a change to the roster, coach, manager, or other team info such as the team name or club. In this manner the team account maintains a complete history of the team and this information is typically used by tournament hosts for the purpose of seeding teams properly.
Teams with an existing GotSoccer account
If your team already has a GotSoccer account, make sure you use that account to apply to the Park City Extreme Cup (ask a previous team manager for the login info if necessary.) This will ensure that your team information and playing records are available and your application will be pre-populated with your information.
Teams without a GotSoccer account
If your team does not already have a Team Account, you will create one at the time you apply to the Extreme Cup. This is the first step when applying and all necessary information about the team will need to be entered. One thing to remember when creating an account is that the Team Age needs to be the team's current age (the age they are today, when you establish the account.) Do not select the age your team will be for the tournament. GotSoccer automatically adjusts your team's age each year on August 1.
*TOURNAMENT LODGING INFORMATION
As previously stated, all things considered equal, acceptance consideration will be given to non-travel teams who have informed the Tournament Committee of their advance lodging reservations. To ensure that the Tournament Committee is aware of any room reservations booked by your team, or individual families on your team, we encourage you to email information by Wednesday, June 22, 2016 to: email@example.com
For each room, or block of rooms booked, your email should include:
- Club Name, Team Name, Gender and Tournament Age Level
- Hotel or Lodging Property
- Date(s) of Reservation and Quantity of Rooms
- Reservation Number or Name in which the Reservation was made
Questions? Contact Park City Extreme Cup Lodging Coordinator, Karen Pena, at 877.730.4911x809