Q: What are the tournament dates?
- Tournament play runs Thursday, July 26 - Saturday, July 28, 2018. Out-of-state and travel teams may request special arrangements from the Tournament Registrar and Scheduler.
Q: What Age Alignment will The Extreme Cup Follow?
- Following the lead of Utah Youth Soccer Association, the Extreme Cup will host teams according to U.S. Youth Soccer's birth year / Calendar Year Initiative.
Q: How many players can I have on my roster?
- U9 & U10 teams will play 7 v7, with a total of 12 players on their roster
- U11 & U12 teams will play 9 v 9, with a total of 15 players on their roster
- U13 - U15 teams will play 11 v 11, with a total of 18 players on their roster
- U16 - U18 teams will play 11 v 11, with a total of 22 players on their roster (all 22 may dress)
Q: How many guest players can I have on a team?
- U9 & U10 may have 4 guest players
- U11 & U12 may have 4 guest players
- U13 - U18 may have 5 guest players
Q: Can a player Double Roster for this tournament?
- No. Per UYSA Sanctioned Tournament Rule 935.3, a player may only be rostered to one team in a tournament.
Q: Are High School girls teams permitted to play in the Extreme Cup?
- Yes. Given the Extreme Cup's schedule, there are no conflicts between
UHSAA rules and Park City's tournament.
Q: When do team rosters freeze?
- Team Rosters freeze at the time your team is checked in. You cannot add any players after that time and no player may be handwritten on the roster at any time, for any reason. All players must have a jersey number on the tournament roster and must wear the same number throughout the tournament.
- SPECIAL NOTE: All teams should be sure they have MORE THAN ONE appropriately licensed coach registered with their team. A licensed, registered coach is required to be present for the entirety of all games.
Q: In what age group should I register my team?
- The 2018 Park City Extreme Cup will align its age groups with 2018-19 Club play, based on the US Youth Soccer Calendar Year mandate. When registering for the Extreme Cup, teams should make sure they specify their team's Fall 2018 age as the age group they will play in the tournament.
Q: What Competitive Division Should I Choose for my team?
- The competition level is intended to provide a general indication of team strength and is used to help create divisions within age groups. The level requested by a team is NOT a guarantee that they will play in any particular division. The Selection Committee relies primarily on team records from previous play to guide the selection and placement process. Generally speaking, Platinum and/or Gold is the most competitive level and will have mostly Premier or upper Division 1 teams. Silver and/or Bronze will have mostly Division 1 and 2 teams, while Bronze and/or Copper will be the least competitive. The number of divisions within an age group will be determined only after registration closes.
Q: How should I complete the Additional Information on the application?
- Most of the Additional Information section of the application is aimed at placing teams in the appropriate competitive division. Choose the competition level (Most Competitive, Competitive, Least Competitive) that you think best fits your team. For the most recent season of play, select the Division you are currently playing in or most recently completed. If you are a brand new team, you should note this on the application and enter information based on where you expect the team to be placed in the coming season. You can add any relevant information in the area reserved for Requests.
Check In FAQs
Q: What is Team Check In?
- Team Check In is a mandatory, in person registration session to present team documents and credentials to the tournament committee, as required by UYSA tournament rules.
Q: When is Team Check In?
- Due to Utah's Pioneer Day holiday, check in is tentatively scheduled for Monday, July 23, 2018 from 3:00pm – 8:00pm.
- The Monday Check In session is REQUIRED for all teams based within 90 minutes of Park City.
- Special Check In arrangements may be requested for teams traveling more than 90 minutes ONE WAY to Park City by contacting the tournament registrar.
- All Special Check In appointments must be approved in advance, no later than July 20.
Q: Where is Team Check In?
- Team Check In location is TBD
Q: What is a UYSA affiliated team?
A UYSA affiliated team is a team that works under the umbrella organization of the Utah Youth Soccer Association and is affiliated with the US Youth Soccer Association.
Q: What is a Non-UYSA affiliated team?
A Non-UYSA affiliated team is a team that does not work under the umbrella organization of Utah Youth Soccer. This includes out-of-state teams, USYSA teams, US Club Soccer Teams, AYSO teams, etc.
Q: What do I need to bring with me to Team Check In?
- All items are detailed under the Team Check In page on this website. This information will be updated per UYSA rules and activated on or before June 30, when teams acceptances are announced.
Q: What is the Official Team Roster required for check-in?
- The official team roster is the roster provided by your state association, signed by your district or regional registrar. The copy you provide does not need to be signed and can be generated through the Affinity System (UYSA teams). This roster will include only the players officially rostered to your team and will not include guest players.
Q: What is the Tournament Roster?
- UYSA Teams: Your tournament roster is generated through the Affinity System. Detailed information for creating this roster can be found on the Team Check In page on this website. It lists the names and photographs of the players playing with your team. All players and coaches participating in the tournament, including guest players, must appear on this tournament roster.
- Non-UYSA Teams: Your tournament roster can be generated through the tournament roster link on the Extreme Cup website or through GotSoccer. All players and coaches participating in the tournament, including guest players, must appear on this tournament roster.
Q: What is the Player Participation Form?
- This is the UYSA Registration Form that each UYSA team should have for their players and provides consent for medical treatment. It is the form that is generated when a player registers with UYSA and may be found on the Documents & Forms tab of this website.
Q: What paperwork do I need for guest players?
- Both UYSA and Non-UYSA affiliated teams must have a Guest Player form for every guest player that will participate in the tournament. This is the UYSA “Specialty Player Action Form” and may be found on the Documents & Forms tab of this website. Both the Player Information section and Section 1 must be completed and the form signed.
- If you have a tournament only guest player, or a guest player from out of state that is playing on a Utah team, please contact the tournament registrar.
Q: What if am a Utah team but have a guest player from out-of-state?
- Guest players from out-of-state playing with a Utah team are required by UYSA to have a "Permission To Play In A Neighboring State" form. This form is in addition to the regular Guest Player form and may be found on the Documents & Forms tab of this website This form may take up to two weeks to process, so team managers should plan accordingly.
- If you are uncertain, please contact the tournament registrar for more information about the requirements for these players and the "Permission to Play in a Neighboring State" form.
Q: What are the paperwork requirements for out-of-state teams?
- Teams from Region IV are required to bring their official state roster, their tournament roster, player cards, and medical release forms; they are not required to bring Team Travel Papers. Teams from outside Region IV are also required to bring Team Travel Papers. All out-of-state teams should contact the Tournament Registrar to discuss Check In requirements.
Q: What will I leave with after I check in my team?
- After Team Check In you will leave with:
- One (1) stamped tournament roster to present to the referee at the beginning of each game.
- Manager's packet with pertinent tournament information, parking rules, and information to download the Extreme Cup Mobile App.
- Commemorative Extreme Cup gifts for all rostered players, head coach, and team manager.