Please join us Friday evening, July 27th from 6:30pm-8:00pm for ATHLETOLOGY presented by Athletic Republic. This exclusive symposium will target parents and their role in improving player performance. The evening will be hosted by Laura Harvey, Head Coach of the Utah Royals FC, and will lead off with John Brenkus, six-time Emmy-winning creator, producer and host of ESPN Sports Science and Athletic Republic’s new Chief Sports Science Officer. Following his remarks, leading local experts will present informative 15-minute talks covering sports nutrition, mindset development, reducing the risk of injury, and more. While parents learn how to transform potential info performance players can be exploring the world-class Adventure Park at Park City Mountain with discounted passes or stretch and recover in the Athletic Republic Recovery Zone. This will be a truly unique evening that teams and families can enjoy together.
WHERE: Park City Mountain’s Legacy Lodge (second floor) at 1325 Lowell Avenue in Park City.
SYMPOSIUM COST: FREE!
ADVENTURE PASSES FOR PLAYERS: Full day Adventure Passes are 20-25% off, the 4-8pm Adventure Passes are 50% off, the Epic Zip Tour, running out of Canyons Village is offered at 25% off the window rate. The vouchers are valid from 7/25-7/31, please see your team manager for full details and e-vouchers. Height and weight restrictions apply. The resort requires that the waiver be completely filled out legibly, signed and accepted by the resort prior to anyone participating in summer activities. Anyone under 18 will need to have a parent or guardian’s signature and no exceptions will be made. Attendees can bring their waiver with them to hand in when they purchase tickets or they can email the completed waiver to Parkcitywaivers@vailresorts.com
FOOD: Please eat before or after the symposium as there will be no food at the event. There are several restaurant options on site at Park City Mountain. We recommend Legend’s for a full service restaurant or Crescent Burger, Snowie and Dippin Dots for lighter fare.
Special MC: Laura Harvey, Head Coach of the Utah Royals FC
- 6:30 pm Kickoff by John Brenkus, six-time Emmy-winning creator, producer and host of ESPN Sports Science and Athletic Republic’s new Chief Sport Science Officer.
- “Creating a Culture of Excellence: Developing Elite Soccer Players” by Dr. Mark Williams, Professor and Department Chair, University of Utah, College of Health, Department of Health, Kinesiology and Recreation.
- “Sports Nutrition and Recovery” by Ashley Hagensick, Board-certified Sports Dietitian, Intermountain Healthcare, The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital (TOSH).
- “Mindset Development: Eight Mental Habits to Your Next Sports Breakthrough” by Joey Johnson, author of Worthy to Win, former Division I coach and current consultant to amateur, professional, and Olympic athletes from a variety of sports.
- “Reducing the Risk of (ACL) Injury” by Bill McDermott, PhD, Biomechanist at Intermountain Healthcare, The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital (TOSH).
- “Positive Coaching Alliance: Youth Sports as the Development Zone for Better Athletes and Better People” by Lisa Efinger, Park City Soccer Club, Past President